Producing Bionic Vision Systems that help blind people regain visual perceptions
Pixium Vision is developing innovative Bionic Vision Restoration Systems, which are active implantable medical devices intended to have blind people regain visual perception and greater autonomy. Pixium leverages the rapid advances in visual processing, microelectronics/nanoelectronics, optoelectronics neurobiology, and intelligent software algorithms in its miniaturized complex optoelectronic systems.
Pixium is looking for someone to take the lead in the production of its Visual Processors devices. Visual Processors comprise a pocket processor and electronic glasses including a camera and a projection system similar to an augmented reality device, which projects IR light patterns on the patient’s retina.
We are looking for a hands-on, execution driven and creative leader who wants to make a difference in patient’s life while developing state of the art optoelectronic complex miniaturized systems within a fast pace start-up environment.
- Drive production of the PRIMA visual processors and supply of the required parts.
- Position reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Drive production of visual processor products, drive the production schedule and ensure that the planning is met
- Drive the supply chain of components, monitor and manage stock within budget constraints, work with suppliers to secure supplies
- Optimize and simplify the manufacturing process flow
- Maintain quality control tests and adequate process controls with suppliers, and the documentation thereof, ensure final delivery quality of components in compliance to medical industry standards and ISO13485 requirements,
- Assist with the selection of quality suppliers and develop mutually beneficial relationships with them, ensure proper contractual agreements with them,
- Trouble shoot manufacturing issues, e.g. poor yields, exceptional quality events and lead time issues. Analyze manufacturing data to trend production quality.
- Work closely with R&D and industrialization teams for smooth implementation of changes into the manufacturing plan and schedule, including in the documentation.
- Supervision of production operators
- Engineering degree or similar
- Experience in an operations, design transfer or manufacturing process development role in the medical devices field.
- Experience managing multiple suppliers/processes, with concrete/quantified impact on product quality.
- Expertise in manufacturing specifications, procedures and validation in a highly regulated industry.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English.
- Hands-on, field driven, Execution driven
- Process-oriented, methodical engineer
- Analytical, pragmatic, problem solver, results-oriented
- Team player, open mindset.